[vi-kindle] Re: JUNK My June 13 Conversation with Amazon.com: Lots of Information

  • From: Craig Werner <craig_werner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 22:00:17 -0400

Nan, it is disheartening indeed. On the other hand, perhaps it is Amazon's policy not to officially monitor any lists not connected directly with the company. Who can tell for sure?

Craig

On 6/23/2012 3:16 PM, Nan Hawthorne wrote:
This is very very interesting.  That they were not interested in
monitoring vi-kindle is disheartening.

As i said in my last post, i am afraid to rock the boat... that's
unusual for me since I am almost always ready to advocate for
improvements in as positive a way as i can -- i am not an NFB member.
But the loss of the TTS feature would be a devastating blow to me
personally and professionally.

So I am afraid to do what i would do normally, and that's to write
articles and post about this disinterest on their part.. companies like
Amazon are sensitive to bad PR.. and this is such a trivial thing,
assigning someone to monitor a tiny list, that all I can conclude is
that they don't want to open the discussion up publicly.

Nan Hawthorne, Historical Novelist
www.nanhawthorne.com

IndieBRAG Medallion Honoree for AN INVOLUNTARY KING: A TALE OF ANGLO
SAXON ENGLAND
http://www.bragmedallion.com/medallion-honorees/2012/an-involuntary-king-a-tale-of-anglo-saxon-england

"If we are to become friends I must laugh the way I really do."
   Gabbo de la Parra

On 6/23/2012 4:56 AM, Craig Werner wrote:
Based on this conversation and the general lay-out of the customer
support pages on Amazon, I am getting the feeling that the company is
hard to penetrate using the conventional approaches of writing or
calling Customer Support.  For now, I'll say no more.