[vi-kindle] IPhone app for Bard

  • From: Christopher Hawthorne Moss <christopherhmoss@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 19:42:39 -0800

I am probably repeating something someone else said.. have had nose to monitor writing another novel... yes, ask me about my books.

I understand there is a BARD app for iPhone/iPod Touch. I'm on my way to download it. I guess I'll have to use my LOB login to access it.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bard-mobile/id705229586

Honestly, I still don't understand why they don't just do text-to-speech. This lack means we are not able to get the same access to books.

Christopher Hawthorne Moss ("Kit")
christopherhmoss@xxxxxxxxx

My books, reviews, humor, radio station and more:
www.shield-wall.com

WHERE MY LOVE LIES DREAMING, by Christopher Hawthorne Moss
FINALIST, 2013 Rainbow Awards
http://reviews-and-ramblings.dreamwidth.org/3898883.html

On 11/15/2013 10:19 PM, FreeLists Mailing List Manager wrote:
vi-kindle Digest        Fri, 15 Nov 2013        Volume: 03  Issue: 059

In This Issue:
                [vi-kindle] Re: Any resources available on accessibility of

From: "Russ Kiehne" <russ94577@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [vi-kindle] Re: Any resources available on accessibility of new Kindle
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 06:29:01 -0800

In the demo That Buddy Brannan did, he said that the Kindle hdx is much more
responsive than the kindle hd.

From: "Russ Kiehne" <russ94577@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 06:31:10 -0800

I wonder how long it will be before the Kindle app on android will be
accessible?
How long it will be before the nls app will come to android?

From: KB7UEN Gene <kb7uengene@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 09:25:40 -0600

I would be very surprised if NLS released a talkingbook app for android.

Sent from my iPhone

-----Original Message----- From: KB7UEN Gene
Sent: Thursday, November 14, 2013 10:59 AM
To: vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

------------------------------

From: "Russ Kiehne" <russ94577@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 07:38:09 -0800

NLS has already stated they are planning on releasing an app for android.

From: KB7UEN Gene <kb7uengene@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 10:24:39 -0600

Interesting, with Android being an open platform, it makes me really
uncomfortable.  The publishers and Authors Guild have been really jumpy since
the Kindle 2 came out with text to speech.  If Talkingbook files ever find
their way out on to the Internet, we'll be screwed because all these entities
need is an excuse to justify going to Congress to pull support for the program.
 In the end the program is more important than being able to play talkingbooks
on mainstream electronic devices.

Sent from my iPhone

Sent: Thursday, November 14, 2013 10:59 AM
To: vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Margaret Thomas wrote:
There was an item in today's top Tech Tidbits saying that

"RNIB has posted new videos featuring Kindle Fire HD accessibility
improvements:"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xNy0C26MLA

Margaret

End of vi-kindle Digest V3 #59