[vi-kindle] Re: I bought a Touch... now what?

  • From: jessica brown <justforlistmessages531@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 16:51:21 -0800

I would suggest looking at www.applevis.com. There are written guides, podcasts, app reviews accessory reviews and more for iPods and all other apple products. I also suggest you join the accessible ios list to ask questions to help you get you started with your iPod. You should also download the apps vo tutorial and vo starter. They are free and teach you how to use voiceover. Using an iPod with voiceover on is way different then using it with it off. To make voiceover stay on after you get a message about the gestures will be different, you need to swipe one finger to the right across the screen until you here it say ok and then tap the screen twice very quick anywhere with one finger. This is called a one finger double tap. With voiceover there are double and triple taps and some times you use 1 finger, sometimes 2 fingers and sometimes 3 fingers depending on what you are doing. You also sometimes have to swipe right and left or up and down with 1, 2 or 3 fingers depending on what you are trying to do. With iPads, there are also times when you have to use 4 fingers.