[vi-kindle] Re: Have some gestures changed/gone with OS 5.6?

  • From: "Russ Kiehne" <russ94577@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2017 06:43:58 -0800

Is there a way of downloading the update to your computer, copying the file to your fire and starting the update process?

-----Original Message----- From: Mary Otten
Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2017 12:55 PM
To: vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [vi-kindle] Re: Have some gestures changed/gone with OS 5.6?

Hi William, I’m pretty sure that page is out of date. Because I checked for the fire tablets seventh generation not just the HD eight, and the fires also said the same number. So did the HD 10. Therefore, I conclude this is out of date. On page, if they ever do updated, there will be a downloadable software that you could put on your PC and then transfer to your fire. Of course since you got the update, that won’t be a problem for you. Smile.
Mary

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 15, 2017, at 12:47 PM, William Brandes <williambrandes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Mary. With the Amazon
link I provided in my last message, I too went to your device and it
read the following:

If you have the latest software update, it should look like this: Your
device is running Fire OS 5.4.0.1.

Yes, however, that might be information not yet updated.

But, why don't you shoot a message to Peter and ask if you can expect
an update in the future? Wouldn't hurt.

Stay well ... William

On 11/15/17, Mary Otten <motten53@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi William and also HD eight owners. I just did a Google search for fire OS
5.6 and hd8. I was taking to a page that showed the various devices and what
is the current OS. According to the page that I found, 5.4.01 is the latest
for the HD eight seventh generation. That seems very strange, but what do I
know. It could be this is an old page. So I’m curious does anybody out here
have an HD eight who has received something later then build the 5.4?
Mary

Sent from my iPhone