[vi-kindle] Re: Got my kindle fire a few days ago, and have some questions.

  • From: Kathy Blackburn <kblackbn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2017 13:03:41 -0500

I got mine yesterday. I had a commitment away from home , so I didn't turn the tablet on until this morning. What I'm having the most trouble with is establishing a consistent double- tap. Do I need to use more of my finger than I would use with the iPhone?
Does lesson Two have only the one section?
I'm currently in lesson 3 and am having some trouble getting the granularity gestures to register. I got it to work once, but nothing happened on subsequent attempts.
I intend to persevere. I won't try to get the device set up until I have gone through the tutorial several times. On my Windows laptop, I googled "Fire Tablet" + VoiceView and have bookmarked several of the pages that came up.

Kathy Blackburn
kblackbn@xxxxxxxxxx