[vi-kindle] Re: Free books and sharing

  • From: "SM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <SM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 13:39:43 -0400

Also there is a great new free BARD app that allows you to download from the
BARD website directly onto your Apple device :-)

Suzanne H Montgomery, PhD
Management Psychologist
1812 Atlantic Blvd.
Jacksonville, FL 32207
(904) 249-8600
www.MontgomeryCopley.com

Sent from my iPad

On Oct 19, 2013, at 1:28 PM, Kliphton ------- <kliphton.a.m@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

There is also the kindle buffet app, or the book bub email where you can select
the catagories you like, and the formats you want to come to you in an email.
Email me off list and I will forward you the 2 I get each day.

Kliphton
(iMessage,Email&FaceTime) kliphton.a.m@xxxxxxxxxxx
(Twitter,Instagram,FourSquare&Skype) kliphton72
Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 19, 2013, at 8:16 AM, "Abdul Hai" <ahai11london@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks.

On Saturday, 19 October 2013, 5:56, David Goldfield <disciple1211@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Hello, Abdul.

Since you're asking about free books on this particular mailing list, I assume
that you mean free books for either your Kindle device or for your Kindle app.

First, if you're talking about newer books which are not in the public domain,
it is not likely you're going to find them available at no cost from Amazon.
Amazon typically doesn't offer new books for free, at least by well-known
authors.  However, on occasion they actually might offer a frew such books for
free, as a limited time promotion.
Aside from this, there are actually so many free titles that you can get for
your Kindle that it will boggle your mind.  First, Amazon allows independent
authors to publish their own books in the Kindle sotre, and many of them offer
their books for free.  Just go to the Kindle store, choose a category that you
like and go to the "sort" combo box and choose "price, low to high."  You will
see many books for free at the beginning of the list.  They might not all be of
the highest quality, but you might find some gems.
Outside of the Kindle store, there are many Web sites offering free content in
the public domain, with books in the Kindle format.  Some of the biggest ones
are the Internet Archive
www.archive.org
which contains over five million text files.

The Online Books Page
http://onlinebooks.library.upenn.edu/
If you're a member of BARD, you can transfer Braille books to your Kindle if
you run them through a Braille translator and convert them into text format.
The same is true for Bookshare.

For several reasons, Kindle books can't or at least shouldn't be shared with
others via email, unless they're in the public domain.  Content from Bookshare
and BARD can't legally be shared.  Most books     from the Kindle store can't
be shared with other Kindles, as the files are copy protected.

√