[vi-kindle] Enabling Accessibility: Please help

  • From: Christopher Gilland <clgilland07@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2018 16:02:17 -0500

Guys,

I got a Toshiba Fire TV today at the suggestion of Aleha Dudly who said it was very very doable.

If you want to look on the Best Buy website, look up

SKU6211003.

It's weird though. Normally unless I misunderstood, they are $300 or so. New, unused, Best Buy has it now for 30 bucks off. Normally they said it was $180, but they had it before tax for $150. I'm not getting at all how there is such a difference there in cost. But whatever. This definitely 100% is the Toshiba Fire TV. I guarantee that much. This is the 32 inch model.

So, my brother's still helping me hook it up across the room from me as I type this. Once we put the batteries in the remote, we may figure this out on our own, but just in case not, I wanted to ask anyone with the TV... Will it go through an initial setup, and what do we hit on the remote to enable speech? By speech, I don't mean Lady A. I mean, enabling the screen reader text to speech which will read menus and whatnot as I scroll.

Is it like the Fire stick in that you hold down back and menu for 2 or 3 seconds, or is it a little different.

I do have sighted help available, but if there is a toggle keystroke during initial setup to turn it on, that would be very helpful to know. I googled, but everything keeps referring back to the Amazon fire TV, or the fire stick, but not at all to the Toshiba Fire TV itself, which doesn't help matters.

Could either Aleha or someone else on here let me know on or off list how to get our speech turned on?

clgilland07@xxxxxxxxx

or again, just write on the list. Either way's fine by me.

Chris.