[vi-kindle] Books for millitary

  • From: Christopher Hawthorne Moss <christopherhmoss@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 09:21:24 -0800

Gene,

Have you ever heard of Operation Ebook Drop? I don't know if it is still around but I can easily find out. It was run my a novelist named Edward C. Patterson. He convinced authors of books on Smashwords.com to donate copies of their ebooks... I did this when my books were all indie published. My first, AN INVOLUNTARY KING went to about 400 vets overseas primarily. Parents would buy their sons and daughters a Kindle and then Patterson would send out the email addresses of the servicemen and women's emails . We sent them each an email about the book with a code that allowed them to download the book from www.smashwords.com with a 100% discount. I am not sure I can do it now that I have an actual publisher, but I will find out.

I was happy to do it. the facti s that fewer than 2 per cent of books "sell" more than 500 copies, and that 400 plus knocked my book over that number.

That book, a 600 plus page tome, takes place in Anglo Saxon England about 100 years before Cornwell's Uhtred series, is available through the Washington Talking Book and Braille Library which is one of the state libraries that allow people from other states to borrow books. It is narrated. It is not GLBT. It is under my old name, Nan Hawthorne. I can get the shelf number for anyone who wants it.

Christopher Moss