[vi-kindle] Re: BBCV audio described programmes

  • From: "John in Marsden" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "john.tafn" for DMARC)
  • To: <vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2019 15:55:32 +0100

Hi Richard,
I can't answer your question exactly but i use the BBC app myself with no problems both on the standard listing and the Audio Described program listings. Hopefully someone else may Know if you need to change a setting but mine worked straight out of the box so to speak.
John
If you snap and growl at people all day, it's no wonder you are dog tired at night
-----Original Message----- From: Richard Trelfa
Sent: Friday, August 16, 2019 3:42 PM
To: vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [vi-kindle] BBCV audio described programmes

Hello everyone,

I've tried using the BBC app on the Kindle to watch their programmes that I missed on the TV. I can watch the programmes OK without audio description, but when I try to watch them with AD I can't.

I can navigate through the website until I get to the link is supposed to take me to the list of programmes that have AD, but when I click on it, the speech on my Kindle stops. The page is there: I've got sighted people to click on links so I can watch stuff, but I can't do it myself.

It seems strange that the one page that would most interest someone who was using speech on the Kindle is the one page that the speech doesn't work on! Am I doing something wrong? Or is there a work-around I can use?

Thanks in advance,

Richard

---
https://www.avg.com