[vi-kindle] Re: Any resources available on accessibility of new Kindle units?

  • From: KB7UEN Gene <kb7uengene@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 10:24:39 -0600

Interesting, with Android being an open platform, it makes me really
uncomfortable.  The publishers and Authors Guild have been really jumpy since
the Kindle 2 came out with text to speech.  If Talkingbook files ever find
their way out on to the Internet, we'll be screwed because all these entities
need is an excuse to justify going to Congress to pull support for the program.
 In the end the program is more important than being able to play talkingbooks
on mainstream electronic devices.

Sent from my iPhone