[vi-kindle] Re: Any resources available on accessibility of new Kindle units?

  • From: Rick Alfaro <rick.alfaro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 12:50:54 -0500

That is exactly what I would like to know as well, how's the accessibility on other things. Email, web browsing and general use of their version of Android. I understand there is no access to the Google Play store so I would think that this in itself is a big disadvantage but I'd love to see a podcast on this dealing with general accessibility besides Kindle books.

Best Regards,

Rick alfaro

On 11/14/2013 12:36 PM, David Goldfield wrote:
Margaret,
Thanks for posting the link to RNIB's video.  It was very informative
and it demonstrated the KF's improved accessibility in navigating
through books.  While I admit that there are significant improvements in
this area, what I really want to know is how the screen reader handles
things other than books, such as the Silk browser, the app store and the
apps themselves.  These topics were not addressed in this video and I
hope that RNIB demonstrates these capabilities in future videos,
assuming they haven't done so already.  If the new KF's screen reader
works in areas aside from books, I'd definitely purchase this device. If
it's just a talking book player then it's a waste of my money.

Margaret Thomas wrote:
There was an item in today's top Tech Tidbits saying that

"RNIB has posted new videos featuring Kindle Fire HD accessibility
improvements:"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xNy0C26MLA

Margaret