[vi-kindle] Re: Accessible Free ePubb reader

  • From: "Carol Smith" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "carollablady" for DMARC)
  • To: vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 18:15:37 -0400

I don't know this for sure, but I think you can use the Kindle app to read epub books. Also, there is a Codex program which allows one to convert files into another format which could be more accessible. The link for the Codex information is:
http://jscholes.net/how-to-remove-drm-from-kindle-books-with-codex-2/
Books can be converted to or from epub, docx, rtf, txt, Kindle, pdf, and I think there are a couple others.

On 8/17/2017 4:44 PM, lasthans@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi Laz,
The MP3player I am referring to a product from a place up here which reads all kinds of different file formats including TXT, and E-pub and it runs for $199.99 from a place, http://www.futureaids.com and it's listed as bagle talking MP3player. I'm not sure if they have that in stock right now. It is this particular player that we use to listen to Epub bookos. What I was wondering if the Fire tablet has an app that will read these files. Hope this helps some.

-----Original Message----- From: Laz
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2017 1:24 PM
To: vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [vi-kindle] Re: Accessible Free ePubb reader

Hello Hans,

The Talking MP3 Players will not play eBooks. Do you mean the Talking
Daisy Book Reader?

Not sure what you mean when you say, "A bagle."

Regards,

Laz

On 8/17/17, lasthans@xxxxxxxxx <lasthans@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi everyone,
My wife Delma and I recently obtained  a  collection of E=pub books.  My
wife has one of these talking MP3players, A bagle that reads E-pub books. I
am curious to know if there is an app for the fire Tablet that reads the
E-pubb books.  It should be accessible, and hopefully it’s free.  Any
suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Hans Last
Email: lasthans@xxxxxxxxx