[vi-kindle] A cool discovery

  • From: Tim Emmons <temmons9@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 23:34:14 -0500

Ok guys, I'm headed off to bed with my kindle in tow, but wanted to share
something really really cool I had no idea you could do until tonight. Now,
this may not be a surprise to some and it might not even be a big deal to most,
but for this technonerd, blind guy, and book reader extraudinaire, well, it was
enough to get me jumping just a bit for joy, Ok, seriously. I giggled like a
ten year old kid in a canduy store but I digress. At the end of a book when you
finish reading a book, you get the prompt: you've finished. Tweet share that
you've finished this book. Eroneously, I've thought that's all that was there,
close the book out, remove it and I'm done, finished, move on to the next one
please. Oh, but no!! The plot thickens. There is more. And, it's juicy. Use
your square button, the up and down arrow selecter, you know the one, the five
way navigation bar thingy. Move down, you get, rate this book, which if you hit
enter on, move right or left you can increase or decrease your rating, and go
down to save, and it saves your rating. If you go below rating, you see,
customers who bought this item also bought: and it gives a list of othert
titles that customers  have bought that purchased that book. If you go down one
more, you get a list of other titles by that particular author that you are
reading. Now, you still can't buy from the store that I can tell, but this even
is a little more than we had, and where did this come from? If it was there
before as I said, I never saw it. Jane and I didn't cover it in either of our
presentations because I don't think we saw it, if she did, Jane, good job,
because I seriously missed it. Otherwise, we need to get together at some point
you and I, and do a follow up podcast/podcasts/whatever, and talk about some
really cool things we've found out, as we compile them. (no, I'm not saying do
it tomorrow but as we find things we ought to put them in a pile and do
something later with it, Lol.) But, anyway, enough of my prattle. I'm taking my
kindle and heading to bed. I've rated two books, and as cool and sweet as Bard
is, I can't wait for a day we can rate Bard books, Lol. But, I like rating here
better than using iBooks because you actually have to find the picker item
after you've read, they don't just place it at the end of the book, like here.
Just thought you guys might want to know, and have fun rating away. Now that I
can see what other books somebody has written I can go back on Amazon and buy
buy buy, Lol. Talk to you guys. soon.