[vi-kindle] 3 general questions

  • From: "Donald L. Roberts" <donald.roberts99@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Kindle <vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2019 11:43:29 -0700

Please refresh my memory.  Is there a command which will temporarily disable the voice view screen reader?  I don't mean to mute speech, I want to disable the screen reader when my sighted grand daughter wishes to use the tablet.

Second, if there is no way to disable the screen reader other than going into settings, what is the procedure to enable voice view after the tablet has booted?

Third, although I have enabled Alexa in the settings, I have forgotten how to wake her up. So, for example, what is the procedure to ask for the local weather?

Frankly, I have had this Kindle for perhaps three years but seldom use it because the volume is quite low especially when run on battery power.

Thanks in advance for responses.

Don Roberts