(VICT) do dogs learn faster with clicker training?

  • From: care4k9@xxxxxxx
  • To: vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 00:46:54 +0000

   Hi Jackie,

      I think it depends on a lot of things, but in general, I think it is
apples and oranges to compare. Sometimes different trainins have different
levels of spurts and slow downs.

      I think clicker training allows the dog to think more in what they are
doing while lure and reward more tells the what to do where they don't learn it
quite on otheir own as much.

      Lure and Reward is a lot easier for people to do and that is why I do it
with my dog classes. If I see that the students are motivated to learn, they
learn clicker much faster and understand the science and the concepts, then
yeah, their dog learns a lot faster and they teach their dog how to do it on
their own.

      If the person doesn't learn the science of clicker training and its
timing, then sometimes it can take longer than lure and reward. So it really
depends on the person, the dog and what they are teaching.

--
Christy Hill
A'Mickey