(VICT) Treats and Clicker Recommendations

  • From: "Lisa Salinger" <lisasali@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 21:19:06 -0400

Hi all,
    I sent this last night, but it came back to me because I mad3e a typo.
Here's the message:
    I like the Real Meat treats by Sitstay.com.  They come in several different
varieties.  You pay about $12 for an 8 ounce bag, which seems steep.  Each
bag contains about seven hundred treats.  They are like jerky and are about the
size of half a stick of gum.  I usually break each treat into 3 or 4 pieces,
so a bag lasts awhile.  Also, they don't bother Renee, who has a sensitive
stomach.  Sitstay has lots of great treats, but these are some of my favorites,
both for economy and ease of sue.

    If you're going looking for your first clicker and you have little or no
sight, I have a suggestion.  You might want to consider purchasing a clicker
with a little round hole at one end so you can attach it to something.  Besides
freeing up a hand by attaching the clicker to something, you will be able
to more easily and quickly know which end to press.  I really like the I-Click,
which is also sold by Sitstay.  (smile)  It has a button that protrudes
from it's surface, making it very quick and easy to use.  I have one on my bait
bag and one on Joie's harness handle.

Lisa Salinger
Renee, Retired Guide and
Joie, Guide/SD