(VICT) Re: teaching emotional response...was: Task ideas- Feedback?

  • From: Sheila Styron <sheilastyron@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 22:03:47 -0500

I know when I used to be a singer, there were many evenings I didn't
feel like going to work. Then I would get dressed up, put on the makeup,
enter the restaurant and sing and smile until one or two in the morning.
And you know what! I always felt better coming out than going in. Wag
the tail and the dog may be transported to a better state. I think this
is fascinating, particularly the aspects that have to do with control.
So you smile, wag, whatever and point yourself down positive lane. What
does it mean or would it mean for a dog to learn to tuck its tail very
consciously, focusing its efforts on the action and possibly thereby
divorcing itself from traditional behaviors associated with tucking the
tail? I don't pretend to be able to know what this can or does mean.

Sheila Styron, President
Guide Dog Users, Inc.
816-363-3172
sheilastyron@xxxxxxxxxxxxx