(VICT) Re: escallator travel

  • From: Sheila Styron <sheilastyron@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 11:31:16 -0500

Kitty, sometimes I'm a bad girl and don't agree with all school
recommendations. <smile> I wonder what their answer would be if asked
this question specifically. I never have bothered to ask, because I have
sort of made up my mind not to use boots, as I believe if you're careful
and systematic, there isn't a strong need, at least not in my situation.
Again, I know how upsetting it must have been to have Sunstar injured
riding on an escalator. I would think hot weather boots would be more
problematic than cold weather ones, as summer heat would be the concern
I previously mentioned. I do believe GDB is pushing boots more these
days, and I also realize people who live in Phoenix with guide or
assistance dogs have a real problem with hot pavement. Let us know what
you figure out and decide to do.

Sheila Styron, President
Guide Dog Users, Inc.
816-363-3172