(VICT) Re: Task ideas- Feedback?

  • From: "Diane & Raven" <dlshotwell2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 09:21:55 -0400

Hi Shelia,
I believe I first recommended this behavior in reference to one of the guides
tails getting pinched in a door.

Some assistance dogs have long tails and some assistance dogs wag them in the
joy of their work with their partners quiet liberally.  With dogs like Great
Danes this can mean that in stores and in homes things can get knocked down or
the tail can get injured.   Add to this that a  dogs tail sticking into isles,
or stretched across the floor could mean injury to the dog or some one who
steps or trips on it.

It is not a frequently taught behavior.  However, when I mentioned it in my
earlier post I said I would share the teaching of the behavior.  So I was
trying to do so before I forgot.

Best Wishes & Wags,
Diane & Raven
APDT#72225
http://AssistanceDogJournal.net
"My Assistance Dog is not my whole life, but she makes my life whole"
~D.L.Shotwell
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."
~Anatole France

All posts are considered copyrighted by the author. You must get
permission from the poster before forwarding.