(VICT) Re: Step Breed Choice

  • From: "AnnaLisa Anderson" <annalisa@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 23:20:03 -0500

Wow Brenda,
Is there such a dog?  I think you just described everyone's dream dog!

My golden girl is a lot like that, though she is pretty easily distracted in
harness.  Somebody walks up and says hello, especially if it's someone she
knows, she wants to say hi to them.  She knows she's a charmer too; people
love her the minute they see her.  Just tonight at a joint choir rehearsal
with another group we are doing a concert with, a woman from the other group
just started ogling over Sunny and saying how much she loved her, though of
course we had just met.  Sunny turned her head toward her but didn't
actually move out of position, which was good for her.  But I digress...
Sunny has a very soft, silky coat; a lot of people remark on how beautiful
it is.  When she's not working, two of her favorite things are belly rubs
and chasing a ball.  She is very energetic and such a clown, but she also
settles down well and is content to hang out all day under my desk at work.
She is sensitive but not timid, and she gets along great with anybody, human
or animal.  She does have some odor to her, but of course I keep her clean
and groomed, so it's not usually noticeable unless she's wet or hot.  I
actually like her smell, and other people have commented that she smells
good like she's had a bath, even when she hasn't just had one.  Oh, and she
doesn't slobber all that much either.

I have met a very sweet, though very squirrelly, Australian shepherd at the
dog park.  She's the only one I've met, but based on her, I think they could
make good guides, and I've heard they have been trained as guides.

Well, good luck with the research and the decision making.  Keep us posted.

AnnaLisa and Sundance
PM