(VICT) Re: Pulling or not pulling

  • From: care4k9@xxxxxxx
  • To: vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 18:50:35 +0000

     Karyn,

         Thanks for your input. Even though I have taught Mickey to go slightly
into me, he naturally would put his front paws on a curb or step and stop. Like
he was telling, "I really know what to do better than you!" It is probably why
I couldn't get him to work my way. LOL! I was confusing my poor dog when he
knew the better way!

         I haven't done a trainignsession in guiding with Mickey, I jut put the
harness on and go. Meaning when I'm in a hurry to go some place. I need to set
time to work a curb, rather than only work a curb maybe twice when we are going
some where. I thnk if we can break down the exercise, he and I will start to
click.

         I hope that stepping on the curb or step will work. I think my handle
is a little too short and I'm worry that I might trip on the curb. But is a dog
suppose to slow down before a step to give you a heads up? I may have to ask
Julie for a longer handle. It just seems it should be longer, but I don't know
and how much? I know this is for me to determine, but I don't have easy access
to different sizes to try out.

--
Christy Hill
A'Mickey