(VICT) Re: New member and I clicker

  • From: Jill Gross <jgross@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 04:09:18 -0400 (EDT)

Sounds like that was an expensive trip. <G>

I suppose it is hard for the schools to monitor house manners. The dog is
with the puppy raiser and then comes back for a long stay in a kennel.
There is no way for the trainer to know how diligent the puppy raiser was
with behavior in the house. I lucked out with my first Fidelco shepherd. I
got her in 1987 when the school was still very small. I think they only
placed 25 to 30 dogs each year back then. Ona's trainer actually kept her
at her house with her own dogs for most of the training period. Now that
is ideal, but certainly impractical for trainers with large strings of
dogs.

Jill