(VICT) Re: New member and I clicker

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 21:40:53 -0400

The statistics when available, are not promising as far as Shelter dogs v.s.
specifically bred guides, which is why the schools resorted to their own
breeding programs.

Smile.

Our Shadow, who is a labrador and boxer mix we adopted at the age of nine
months, presumably healthy, has...
in the last five years developed the following conditions.

Arthritis in both back hips as wel as his spine
Two to three major strokes, several minor ones
Skin condition that is persistant and regular
Brittle nail and coat even with great care

This dog, was definitely not the "best" of both parents as far as healthy
concerns are concerned.  We love him to pieces and he has a great
personality but he definitely didn't win any of that hybrid vigor.

Shelley L. Rhodes B.S. Ed, CTVI
and Judson, guiding golden
juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.