(VICT) Re: Kita's first flight

  • From: "Jo Clayson" <joclayson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 21:45:32 -0400

Karyn, Everybody had to take their shoes off, empty their pockets, take off
their hat and coat and put these items plus any carry ons such as a purse,
backpack, small suitcase, on a conveyer belt where it is checked by security
people. People (and service dogs) go through a special metal detecting gate,
and if it beeps, or they have any suspicions, one goes through a more
detailed searching.  After one has gone through the security section
successfully, one gets shoes and other items back and can then go to the
part of the airport to wait for your plane.  It's all part of the security
procedures, and the particular day I flew there was an "orange" alert for
some reason, which indicates the potential for terrorist activity is quite
high.

After I flew back east I came directly to my mom's for a few days.  For the
first time I encountered armed Homeland Security people on the Greyhound
bus, checking citizenship, ID, etc before the bus left the terminal.

Jo