(VICT) Re: It is Time

  • From: metnme2 <metnme2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Vi-Clicker <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 11:21:47 -0700 (PDT)

Thankyou Sandy-
Its not going to be easy. I have been crying all
morning. I truly hope this is just the beginning of
retirement and not the beginning of the end.
Honestly had I been able to I think I should have
adopted another dog 1-2 years ago. I had to think
realistically though. To own a dog- especially a
service dog it is so important you can afford their
care. I already have trouble making ends meet with Met
at times. I was not going to bring another dog in here
who would have its own financial needs. The result
would have been that Met would have to do without some
things. In the past anytime I had a real tough time
with Met or with dealing with decisions like this, it
was always my sweet Nanook that helped me see
something positive. Of course after losing her in
January...
Today though I know that even though I am seeing
positive signs in Met that will keep blossoming most
likely in the days and months ahead, I also know that
he needs me to be the grown up so to speak and do the
hard thing- but the right thing where he is concerned.
He is 10 years and 8 months old now. He has lived with
Epilepsy (diagnosed anyway) for almost 9 years now and
has worked as my wonderful sidekick for almost 9 1/2
years now. He has outlived his siblings by anywhere
from over 2 1/2 years to over 7 1/2 years and his
father by 4 1/2 years. In the beginning besides his
moms hypothyroidism, he was the only one who was
considered to have a guarded outcome. Though I am
sedentary- right now he needs more sedentary life than
I. I always told myself that when he needed more, when
he showed signs that he did not want this life anymore
I would do the brave thing. I don't feel very brave
today though....

Karyn and Met