(VICT) Re: Introducing Guinevere

  • From: "DIANNE B. PHELPS AND PRIMROSE" <d.bphelps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 14:49:35 -0700

Ollie,

I have had wonderful males and wonderful females. Two of my males were
really good workers, and I can't say that I felt a difference in their work
as compared to the females. I have found that my females are, perhaps, a
little more nurturing in some ways, but both of my males who worked would
become very upset when I wasn't feeling well and would stay near by. I have
had females who would lie on the bed along side me when I had a migraine,
not moving, but needing to be right up against me. My first male, Kenny
probably would have been that way, but he died of cancer at about 5 years
old.

I would say their personalities are more aloof than the females, but still
very loving. The thing I feel about males as guides is that I think the
females that I have had have been more healthy physically. I have had two
females who worked 8 and 8 1/2 years. Primmy has worked almost 7 years and I
anticipate she may work another  coule of years, health depending. I lost
Kenny after 3 1/2 years of work, and my other working male, Storey, died
after six years of work, just before his 8th birthday.

I love them both, but I think from here on, I want a female if at all
possible.

Dianne and Primrose