(VICT) Re: Clicker substitutes...was:Re: Re: Update on the list and us

  • From: Jill Gross <jgross@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 01:31:14 -0400 (EDT)

You have a good list going there, Diane. I can't think of any others
offhand.

I recently got hold of an I-click. These are the ones that Karen Pryor
sells at www.clickertraining.com. It is so much better than the ones I
already had. The clicker button sticks out instead of being recessed like
the others I have seen. For some, I suppose it is too easily clicked
accidentally. I love it because I can palm it and use a pinky to push the
button or press it against my side. This way I can hold both clicker and
treats in one hand. The recessed kind that I was using required too much
finger strength that I don't really do to bad carpal tunnel issues. It was
hard to hold treats and press at the same time. I have to take a closer
look, but I think the I-clickers can only be purchased in bulk amounts. I
swear, I am ready to buy fifty if I absolutely have to. I am so happy with
this one. I haven't seen the one that you mentioned. Is it larger than
most?

Jill