(VICT) Re: Buckley being aggressive......

  • From: "Ridge Euler" <ridge_e@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 09:45:08 -0600

Hello list,  I saw our trainer from the program on Wednesday.  we went to the
mall and walked around and stopped at this area for kids to play in.  there
were about 5 children there playing on the equipment.  we did a down sty there
for about 5 minutes.  he not once acted like he was afraid.  that's when our
trainer said he is just a brat not afraid of them just acting out.  he then
heard a squeaky toy and was  wanting to go see where it was.  we stayed in a
down stay for another minute then went over to the store where it was coming
from.  it was a photo place just for children.  they were all dressed up for
Halloween getting there pictures taken.  he didn't notice the kids just wanted
the squeaky toy.
we then went into a Spencer's store.  if you have never been in one they are
full of scary things well they are to me anyway.  they have a lot of stuff that
looks like Goth and weird stuff belts hats and these black light things.  we
have been in there before but Buckley has been fine.  this time they were
working on this life size monster.  he was fine with it until they pushed it
down (it must pop up or something).  I could tell he was afraid of it he didn't
act the way he does with kids.  he jumped back and started barking at it.  we
let him in his own time go up to it and smell it. he was still leery of it but
then when he figured out it wasn't going to hurt him he was fine with it and we
gave him lots of praise when he did that.  not while but after he was fine with
it.

we left that store and walked back to the kids did a short down stay and he was
still fine with the kids.  we came home and I have been working on stays with
him for everything.  I have started hand feeding him again and working on his
stays and hopefully we will work this out now to conquer the car and seeing
other dog that are walking outside.  he is fine with other dogs riding with us
but if they are outside he goes crazy......

thanks everyone on helping me.  does anyone have any other suggestions for a
bully dog??  I think that's all it is.  he is doing what he wants.

Ridge and Buckley Guide /SD