[vi-android] Android phones all have some uniqueness

  • From: Dane Trethowan <grtdane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2017 14:31:56 +1000

Yep indeed they do and I think that's the thing I find fascinating about all the Android phones I've ever used or owned as opposed to the right, damn boring and closed system that IOS offers.

For example the Sony xPeria x-Performance phone I have here plays a sound when the battery charge has reached full, that's just plain convenient.

In the past only sighted people would have known if the battery was fully charged by picking the phone up and looking at the screen.

On the other hand the only way a person with a Vision Impairment would have known would be to look at the battery status which actually doesn't tell you whether the battery is "Full".

Other phones have other unique features, the Samsung Galaxy S6 I had could recognise sounds, the chime of a doorbell for example - and act upon that sound, send SMS messages, call a number and so on.

To receive the list as a digest, send an email to
vi-android-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'set vi-android digest' in the subject
(to go back to receiving every message use 'unset vi-android digest' in the