[vagueware] Contender for code replacement

  • From: Paul Robinson <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vagueware@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 21:09:32 +0100

I think I need to see what is going to happen over at this place:

http://www.jotspot.com/

I've requested a beta. If it comes out as free (which it doesn't look
like it will) I plan to use it for VagueWare as it does most of what we
want. We can quickly build applications out of the framework there.

If they decide to sell it, if it's cheap, it's a maybe. If it's
expensive... well, I'll just have to take a bit of "inspiration" from
it. Looks promising though. Means we might get back to building up
VagueWare again instead of discussing code.

Oh, for definition of cheap - anything under a couple of hundred bucks
if it's as good as the tours make it look. I really don't like
commercial code, but if it really is the best for the job, so be it.

And if I need to take inspiration, I can already spot areas I think I
might be able to improve on. :-)

--
Paul Robinson

http://www.iconoplex.co.uk/
  "The philosophers have only interpreted the world in different ways;
   the point, however, is to change it." - Karl Marx