[va_co_birding] Re: some county finds in southside

  • From: "C. Michael Stinson" <cms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va_co_birding@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 09:12:22 -0400

Hey Larry -

More people sounds good at this point. A couple of people have joined lately
but not yet posted (lurkers...), which is fine. I have mentioned this to at
least one of those folks you named, who said, in effect, "you guys are
crazy, state listing is bad enough...." But I guess the criteria are 1.
interest and 2. sticking to the topic (VA county listing) when posting.

People don't have to county list in every city and county (um, I think there
are 1 or 2 of us who actually have done that...), just post in a way that is
relevant to county listing in Virginia. A lot of people, I'm afraid, don't
even know what county they're in a lot of the time when they're out birding,
at least when they are away from home. And then the independent city issue
makes Virginia more troublesome than other states (or gives one the
opportunity for that many more ticks, depending on how you look at it).

Much of next week I will be birding on the Northern Neck, working with the
USFWS on the refuges, and also presumably adding to my county totals
significantly in most of those counties (Westmoreland is the only one where
I'm >100).

CMS

va_co_birding is hosted by FreeLists. To change your settings or unsubscribe,
visit www.freelists.org  To post to the list (subscribers only), send email to
va_co_birding@xxxxxxxxxxxxx