[va_co_birding] Re: scratching the itch

  • From: Susan Heath <sheath@xxxxxxx>
  • To: va_co_birding@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 May 2004 17:19:16 -0400

Well, I've been doing a little county listing.

This past week I went over 100 in Culpeper county with Summer Tanager,
Eastern Wood-Pewee, Black-throated Green Warbler, Blackpoll Warbler, and
Yellow-throated Vireo.

I also added one more bird to my Loudoun County list with Cerulean
Warbler.  I have 198 in that county and am having a difficult time
getting to 200.  I've been birding there at least once a week for the
past six weeks but so far I've only managed to add one species each time
I go.  I guess two more trips should do it!

Todd and I discovered a little jewel for county listers today along
Freezeland Road which runs north from Rt. 55 (very near I-66) up to Sky
Meadows State Park. From this road you can get birds in three counties -
Fauquier, Warren, and Clarke.  We weren't that interested in Fauquier
since we both have birded there extensively but before today I had a
total of six birds in Warren and about a 100 in Clarke.  Today's little
foray should have added a few to both those lists.  The best bird had to
be a Pine Siskin on a feeder in Warren County.  Pine Siskin on May 9 and
we weren't even in Highland County.  Nice!

Sue

--
Susan A. Heath
George Mason University

Secretary, Virginia Avian Records Committee
Keeper, Virginia Comp List at www.virginiabirding.org

va_co_birding is hosted by FreeLists. To change your settings or unsubscribe,
visit www.freelists.org  To post to the list (subscribers only), send email to
va_co_birding@xxxxxxxxxxxxx