[va_co_birding] Re: Ravens in Cumberland Co.

  • From: BlkVulture@xxxxxxx
  • To: va_co_birding@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 22:04:58 EDT

Hola,
Up in the northern portion of the state, as Sue mentioned, Common Ravens are
regularly fairly close to the Coastal Plain.  Aside from the Manassas National
Battlefield Park birds that straddle the Fairfax/Prince William Line, Ravens
are often seen from Prince William Landfill (during gull season, the only time
the landfill is birded), which is a mere couple miles from the blurry line
between the physiographic regions.  For this area, I've got Ravens in Prince
William, Fairfax, Loudoun, Culpeper, Rappahannock and Fauquier County, all on
the
piedmont..  A few years ago I discovered a Raven nest in Fauquier.

Cheers,

Todd