[va_co_birding] Re: Raven in Danville

  • From: "C. Michael Stinson" <cms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va_co_birding@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 09:43:58 -0400

Jeff,

I can't remember if you specified this in some of your earlier posts, but
did you find the actual nest of those ravens, and if so, was it inside the
Danville city limits?

Also, something just to satisfy my curiosity - based on my memory of older
maps, I was guessing that Danville has expanded (i.e. annexed some land from
Pittsylvania Co.) in recent years. Is that true, and if so, do you have any
general idea when it occurred? Lynchburg did something similar back in the
1970s. Obviously if ICs started doing this too often it could get a bit
crazy in terms of keeping localities for bird records straight.

Mike S.
cms@xxxxxxxxx

va_co_birding is hosted by FreeLists. To change your settings or unsubscribe,
visit www.freelists.org  To post to the list (subscribers only), send email to
va_co_birding@xxxxxxxxxxxxx