[va_co_birding] P.S. the GPS unit

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va_co_birding@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 22:14:04 -0500

P.S. the GPS unit

and I probably should have mentioned that you can layout the boundaries of
any county or state on a GPS unit and actually watch the boat approach the
boundary and cross the boundary.  You could determine if birds are  outside
the county when 190 miles or more at sea.  Simply watch it all as you go.
Also, while at sea, you can press the Enter/Mark button (similar to a man
overboard on a boat) on the GPS and mark the location of any bird you wish.
Either remember the waypoint or jot it on the palm of your hand or notebook
and check it out when you get home.  We use the GPS for a number of
applications in field birding.  Many useful combinaitons here.

Wallace

va_co_birding is hosted by FreeLists. To change your settings or unsubscribe,
visit www.freelists.org  To post to the list (subscribers only), send email to
va_co_birding@xxxxxxxxxxxxx