[va_co_birding] Chesterfield Co. 100+

  • From: "C. Michael Stinson" <cms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va_co_birding@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 15:40:30 -0400

Yesterday morning (18 May '04) I made a multi-purpose trip to the Richmond
area. First task for the day was bumping my Chesterfield County list over
100 species (from 97). Number 100 was Pileated Woodpecker, 101 was Purple
Martin. My Chesterfield list is somewhat waterbird-heavy thanks to several
trips to Henricus and so I still have several common woodland species to
add. More fun for later....

Most interesting bird yesterday was a male Hooded Merganser on a pond along
Moseley Road. It could fly and seemed quite wild. I walked around the pond
looking for a female (and babies...?) but found none.

CMS

va_co_birding is hosted by FreeLists. To change your settings or unsubscribe,
visit www.freelists.org  To post to the list (subscribers only), send email to
va_co_birding@xxxxxxxxxxxxx