[va_co_birding] Re: CBBT districts

  • From: "C. Michael Stinson" <cms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Larry R Lynch" <birder6@xxxxxxxx>, <sheath@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 15:11:11 -0500

Hey everybody -
Yes. If it's within three miles it counts in Virginia Beach (or whatever
coastal county you're dealing with).

I didn't make this up, by the way... check out this page... skip the
abbreviations and go to the discussion below...

 http://www.wfo-cbrc.org/cbrc/counties.html  ... especially the "four zones"
discussion, which is a nice summary. For county listing I take the most
conservative approach, which is only to count things within the first zone
(i.e. three miles), though I could be persuaded to change this in time. For
state / ABA listing I follow the ABA rules. Hence there are a few pelagic
species that I've seen in Virginia or other states but that I don't list in any
particular county. Yet.

CMS

  If you see the Clarke's Grebe off of Ft. Story, will you count it on your VA
Beach list? If so, then where does the VA Beach boundary end?  Interesting
thoughts...

va_co_birding is hosted by FreeLists. To change your settings or unsubscribe,
visit www.freelists.org  To post to the list (subscribers only), send email to
va_co_birding@xxxxxxxxxxxxx