[va-richmond-general] Re: whippoorwill decline? cats?

  • From: "Jim Blowers" <jimvb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 21:26:33 -0400

I just went out for a walk again tonight and heard at least 2
whip-poor-wills, maybe 3, although I had to walk farther to do it, more
into the woods, although still on a trail. I heard 2 on the way out,
then when returning, I heard one again in the same place that I heard
them the first night. And this is in an area that has been cleared out
of many trees (but not all) and has developiot houses going up in them.
The second hearing of a whip-poor-will may have been the same as the
first, although I did not see anything fly. If not, I heard 3
whip-poor-wills tonight. I did not see any cats in the development. They
may go out, but I heard them tonight - maybe that's because there are
some woods left.

Jim Blowers