[va-richmond-general] Re: [va-bird] One of World's Rarest Birds May Be Extinct

  • From: WEalding@xxxxxxx
  • To: va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 21:10:07 EST

One of our readers pointed out that the link I provided to this story was
only available to AOL subscribers.  This was an excellent point.

I didn't want to cut and paste the story, as that would infringe on AP's
copyright.  The bird in question is a po'ouli, a Hawaiian species.

However there is more information available at the San Diego Zoo web  site.
See _http://cres.sandiegozoo.org/about/news_041130_poouli.html_
(http://cres.sandiegozoo.org/about/news_041130_poouli.html)

Wendy Ealding