[va-richmond-general] Re: unusual mammal in Goochland

  • From: "Michael Shapiro" <sc.tanager@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 21:09:08 -0400

It's hard to judge how big it was, as I wasn't that close to it, and by the
time I got to where it had been, it had gone into the woods on the other
side of the road. I wasn't near a wetland, which rules out beaver and
muskrat (as would the tail). It didn't have "humpback" like raccoons seem to
have when they walk, plus it was thinner than a raccoon (and a 'possum). It
seemed like an otter in size. I've never seen a mink or weasel (except
pictures).

Michael