[va-richmond-general] Re: unusual mammal in Goochland

  • From: Heron329@xxxxxxx
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 20:47:43 EDT

You didn't mention how big the mammal was.  In this area are not only
weasels, but mink, but they are both relatively small.  Mink are dark brown,
however.
 Otters are around (I found one dead in the road at my house in
Mechanicsville a few weeks ago) but they don't have a busy tail.  Neither do
beavers (which
don't fit anyway) or muskrats.  You would know a squirrel I am sure.
Raccoons and opossums don't fit.  I just don't know!
Margaret