[va-richmond-general] oddly-placed nest

  • From: "Michael Shapiro" <sc.tanager@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Richmond listserv" <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 20:04:34 -0400

    This isn't exactly ground-breaking/earth-shattering news, but I find it
interesting. I noticed a rather obvious nest that turned out to be (I believe)
a House Finch nest at Willow Lawn today. It was nestled very snugly in the
triangle part of the "A" in the "DOLLAR TREE" sign. It's rather large and
spread out but I'm fairly certain I saw a House Finch hanging around it as I
drove by.
    As I said, not cause to drop everything to go and see, but it is
interesting. I've seen them build nests in some unusual places. This seems
unusual even for them.

Michael Shapiro
Richmond
sc.tanager@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx