[va-richmond-general] northside Buffleheads

  • From: "Michael Shapiro" <sc.tanager@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Richmond listserv" <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 19:01:39 -0500

Hi, all-
    On Tuesday, I saw at least one pair of Buffleheads on the lake next to Our
Lady of Lourdes on Woodman Road. This is the first time I have ever seen
Buffleheads there. There are probably also about 100 Canada Geese on the lake,a
s well as the resident pair of Mute Swans, owned by whoever owns the lake. The
swans are clipped, in case anyone was wondering. It's a very small little lake
but worth stopping by for a quick peak at if you happen to be in the area.

Michael Shapiro
northside/Henrico