[va-richmond-general] Re: nest box on Dominion building

  • From: "Mary Davis" <mad_anthony@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 11:51:23 -0500

I think you're right about the signs of territorialism.  I still see them
chasing vultures, although not as often.  The vultures steal their leftovers
too, which is obviously aggravating.  I've witnessed vultures sitting on the
building signs where the falcons had been.  It's an awkward place for a vulture
(as opposed to the top of the building) so they must be finding some goodies
there.  It has been quite a while since I've seen vultures on the signs, though.

I have seen the falcons sitting on that Bank of America sign.  And the 2nd
Wednesday walk group found one there last week.  These four buildings --
SunTrust, Dominion, Riverfront, & Bank of America -- seem to be their
favorites.  Sometimes they'll eat on the First Union building, but they don't
perch there very often.

Well, we shall keep a lookout for chicks in the Spring!

Mary