[va-richmond-general] nest box on Dominion building

  • From: "Mary Davis" <mad_anthony@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 18:34:39 -0500

I just got word today that a nest box has been placed in one of the vents on
the east side of the Dominion building by the Center for Conservation Biology
at William & Mary.  We're hoping the peregrine falcon pair will find it and
settle in for the spring.  They have been seen flying into the vents and food
caches were discovered in the one where the box was placed.  The last time I
saw the pair together was last Thursday, but I've seen one falcon at least once
a day since then.  We'll keep our fingers crossed!

Mary Davis