[va-richmond-general] nest box maintenance

  • From: Penny Reynolds <psreynolds@xxxxxxx>
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 13:21:03 -0400

Dear all:
It was a successful nesting season for the birds using the nestboxes on
my property: titmouse (2 boxes, 5 young ea), chickadee (5 young, 1
infertile egg), white breasted nuthatches (4). Is now too early to clean
the boxes out, on the off chance there might be some renesting activity?
Second is anyone keeping track of the herons nesting in the beaver
pond,  exit 177 east bound I64? As best as I c an make out while driving
past at 65 mph there seem to be at least 2 active nests; one has at
least 1 possibly 2 young.