[va-richmond-general] Re: mystery bird

  • From: "Al Warfield" <warfield101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <heron329@xxxxxxx>, <johnwcoe@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 09:55:24 -0400

Margaret,

 I do remember hearing about a group of a dozen or so Sandhill Cranes flying
over here a few years ago. I don't think they are any bigger than the GBH
though. We saw some in Texas about a month ago - near Aransas NWR, and got
pictures of them on the ground in a big grassy field. They are also seen
regularly in the Okefenokee Swamp NWR in southern Georgia, and other places
along the Atlantic flyway.

Al