[va-richmond-general] Re: juvenile white Ibis

  • From: <arun.bose@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 08:17:37 -0500 (CDT)

Just a little follow up on the White Ibis. There seems to have been a push of
immature birds over the past month away from the coast. I believe there have
been reports from Loundon, Buckingham and Surry counties in recent weeks.

As for the additional species present (shorebirds) there has been a small
variety at this location in recent weeks. My list from Sunday is below. Also
present in the last week or so there have been Lesser Yellowlegs, Pectoral
Sandpipers, and Semi-palmated Sandpipers. At this time of year you could also
expect Short-billed Dowitcher, possibly White-rumped Sandpiper and who knows
what else.

Keep on birding Y'all.

Arun Bose,
Richmond, VA