[va-richmond-general] Re: hummingbird at lewis Ginter

  • From: "Al & Linda Warfield" <warfield101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jjfdc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <mary.arginteanu@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Richmond listserv'" <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 16:05:49 -0500

Jan,

No they don't have HB feeders at Ginter even in summertime. It's their policy.
The hummer was feeding on Mahoney (sp?) that had yellow blooms. Actually on
small insects around the blooms. It was a Rufous, probably a juvenile male,
with the beginnings of the gorget starting to develop. Some of the RAS folks
saw it today. I looked two different times but wasn't lucky. They are routinely
seen around here in winter, but not frequently.

Al Warfield