[va-richmond-general] Re: great questions concerning cuts

  • From: catbird329@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: juliekazz@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 12:58:32 +0000 (UTC)

I think this is important enough that the Audubon should get involved, formally
as a group and individually. Once lost, these things will probably never come
back. We can make a change if we try.

I love the idea of a small user fee for the athletic fields. This seems only
fair to me. Can we find some parents who will say that this is okay with them?
I am sure that there will be some who will say, no we can't pay any more. (It
is less than one trip for a child to McD's, to give it some perspective.}

Margaret

From: Jim Blowers <jimvb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: juliekazz@xxxxxxxxxxx; 'Richmond Birds' <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: 'Harinder Dhindsa' <hardhindsa@xxxxxxxxx>; 'Rachel Dhindsa'
<rdhindsarn@xxxxxxx>; 'Van Den Boom, Gary' <gary.vandenboom@xxxxxxx>; 'Van Den
Boom, Cindy' <cvandenboom@xxxxxxxxxxx>; 'Rita and Risa Shultz'
<rielrish@xxxxxxxxxxx>; 'Sarah Hierholzer' <hierholzers@xxxxxxxxx>; 'leeanna
pletcher' <thebuttons@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wed, Feb 24, 2010 9:30 pm
Subject: [va-richmond-general] Re: Elimination of all Outdoor/Nature Programs
and staff of Chesterfield Parks and Rec. Your immediate help needed.

What do you think should be cut instead? Or should the County raise taxes? (I
note that they did not do that today. They could have raised it to $1/$100
assessed valuation.) Or should the County impose or increase fees for Parks and
Recreation services? If we address the Supervisors on these questions, it might
increase the probability that they will keep these services the County
provides.

One idea that I heard about is to cut Chesterfield County support for
activities, such as the James River Park System, Maymont, or the Diamond, which
are not in Chesterfield. In other words, serve Chesterfield County residents
and facilities first.

Jim Blowers